At the beginning of each year the staff of Egbe Hospital take time to celebrate the ‘big wins’ of the past year and look forward to the new year’s goals.
Your support of the hospital’s revitalization in the form of financial gifts, volunteer service, and prayer – has enabled many of these ‘big wins’. We join the hospital team in celebrating a few accomplishments that you helped make possible in 2019:
- Installed new eye equipment to complete the Eye Center upgrade
- Installed additional solar street lights to improve security on the medical campus
- Installed 80 solar panels in 7 strategic locations within the hospital complex in order to keep critical services running when there is no power and reduce strain on the hospital generator and costly diesel consumption
- Installed a new sterilizer. The timing coincides with anticipated growth in the surgical unit.
- Opened a new Conference Room, Staff Cafeteria and Lounge
- Established a new Microbiology Unit in the laboratory
- Received three 40-foot containers from the USA with critical supplies for the Hospital and School of Nursing Revitalization
Together we are making tremendous progress as we continue to step out in faith to support Egbe Hospital and the revitalization of the ECWA School of Nursing.
Each day close to 100 laborers and tradespeople can be seen working on the School of Nursing construction site, pushing to complete the three new dormitories, the administrative building with study hall, and the dining hall, kitchen, and laundry building. Excitement among the students and faculty is mounting as dorm rooms start to come to life with paint, fixtures, and cabinets.
(Stay tuned for an update and pictures on the school’s progress from our trip to Egbe in January in our next e-blast.)
Thank you for being part of the team enabling “BIG WINS” throughout 2019 and creating excitement for 2020!
Empowering a new generation to serve,
Enjoy a few pictures of our hospital staff in action.
Outpatients department caring for 18,500 patients annually from 224 different towns and 34 different states
Under 5’s Clinic seeing 2,000 children, immunizing 1,600 children before they are 6 weeks old, and providing antenatal care to 2,000 women
Caring for 2,000 in-patients, delivering 400 babies, treating over 200 people through Mobile Health Clinic
Treating 585 dental patients in clinic plus 384 on outreach
Serving 2,300 eye clinic patients and 1,702 on outreach; performing 266 eye surgeries
Conducting 354 surgeries despite no full time surgeon on ground
Performing over 33,000 diagnostic lab, x-ray and ultrasound tests
Hospital pastors and staff shared the Gospel with over 9,700 people and the hospital continues to provide training through the Family Medicine Residency Program.